Saturday 18 May 2013

Medication - IMO

I'll keep it short(ish).

My favourite thing about taking medication? It keeps me stable, so I don't go cray cray.



And my least favourite thing about taking medication? The taste of goddamn Lamictal. Fucking. Disgusting.



It's goddamn blackcurrant flavored. What idiot thought of that?

SIDE RANT:

I mean, yeah, sure, have something taste like blackcurrant once or twice. Fine.
But after taking Lamictal daily for so many years, I can't stand it anymore.

They make the taste so fucking strong you can still taste it hours later. You'll burp up the taste! It gets caught in your tastebuds so you can taste it, and in your nose so you can smell it.



Let me just reassure you now, I don't chew pills, or keep it on my tongue, or swallow it in some weird way. I'm not exaggerating, the taste really is just that strong.

I now only take it at night, and put all of them in gel capsules before I do, because otherwise I will throw up from nausea. Any people out there reading this that make medication? If there's a chance someone will be taking it every single day of their lives, make one that doesn't taste like anything at all. It's not that bloody fucking hard to comprehend.

P.S: To the people who suggested blackcurrant as a flavor for Lamictal:




Anyway...

TO SUMMARISE:

I take medication because it improves my life overall. I'm happier, and it's helped me manage everything. If I ever feel like I want to stop taking it, I will, but until then, I'm happy chillin' here.

I am not you. Nobody is you. You are unique, and your choice will be unique to you. Find what works for you.

YOU'RE FABULOUS, OKAY.


- M. 

No comments:

Post a Comment