Sunday 24 March 2013

But I Don't Wanna See a Shrink...

You don't want to see a shrink?
Too bad. Shrinks help.

Suck it up, Princess.



Guess what? Nobody likes seeing a shrink. Mine works 45 minutes away, and I have to go see her when it's peak hour and everyone is crammed onto the train at the same time, sweating in their business suits.

It's not fun.

Plus I go there and I don't know what to say sometimes and for the first YEAR it feels like absolutely no progress is being made.
On top of that, it can be expensive and hard to find a psych you can actually click with. I tried out like 5 different psychs that all felt fake to me until I found one I got along with and I've been seeing her for a long time (about 6 years now).

Each psych has a different style of therapy. You just gotta find one that works with your own style. Then see them REGULARLY for about a year and then you'll realise, oh, hey, you actually feel better than you did a year ago, and you'll be all, 'YES! OH MY GOSH!'



- M

No comments:

Post a Comment